Choose your future at Industry, Innovation and Science
Applications will be open from 14 March to 30 April 2018.
Our department works closely with industry, businesses, the science community and other stakeholders, and across governments to help build a globally confident and outward looking Australian economy through: supporting science and commercialisation; growing business investment and improving business capability; and simplifying doing business.
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science Graduate Development Program is a two-year program. We accept all disciplines of study, so there are numerous opportunities available letting you use the skills and knowledge you gained through university and work experience.
We offer you;
- a two year program
- specialised on-the-job capability development and training
- four work placements to experience the diversity of roles and responsibilities across the department
advancement to APS 5 after the first year
- the opportunity to collaborate with other graduates on a major project, tackling real-life policy issues, engaging with our stakeholders, and presenting your findings to the department’s Executive
- Post graduate qualification in the form of a Graduate Certificate in Business in Strategic Managment in Government or Applied Economics & Policy through the Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- a graduate buddy to offer support as you settle in and provide advice on how to make the most of the program
- a dedicated team to support you throughout the program
- a commitment to continuing professional development after the graduate program.
We offer graduates positions in the following areas:
- Generalist Pathway
- Professional Pathway – Accounting
- Professional Pathway – ICT
We support an Inclusive Culture
When our employees are comfortable and can express themselves in an authentic way, they are more likely to perform better, which increases engagement and contributes to the department as a whole. Inclusion is an important issue for us. But it's not enough to employ people of different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and abilities – everyone needs to feel like they are truly welcome, safe and free to give their best in the workplace. We are focused on building a workplace which enables a sense of belonging, team work and inclusion where all employees, regardless of their background and experiences, can be connected and enjoy a healthier, more successful future together.
Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, the LGBTI+ community and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Have you got more questions than answers?
(02) 6213 6501